Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life in the NICU - Community

This is my last post on life in the NICU. I'm a couple of weeks removed from it now and think I've gotten most of what I wanted to say out of me. One last thing that struck me is how much community support I've gotten on this journey. First, from the staff at the NICU itself. They know what an unexpected journey having a preemie baby is. They are wonderfully well trained to not only help your baby get through, but also to help you get through too. Secondly, the other parents whose babies are in the NICU at the same time. You are all on different parts of the journey. You may not chat very much (if at all), but you know by the looks and smiles at each other that you all understand. Finally, my most unexpected source of NICU community was found online. A number of people have contacted me who have been through the NICU journey (on both this blog and my others). I was really touched and encouraged by your messages. So thank you!
If you are reading this post at some point because you are going through an NICU journey, don't hesitate to leave me a comment to let me know. I'd love to be a voice of encouragement for you. You aren't in this journey alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

We'd love to hear from you. Email us with your feedback, suggestions and general blog love at clevermamas@gmail.com