Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nostalgia Already?

"Eps, Ips, Eps, Ips" is what my 3 year old chanted while galloping around the house this morning. And then in the back of my mind I heard, "Oot, ot, Oot, ot" and visualized another 3 year old galloping around. Only that 3 year old is turning 6 in a few months. He's my oldest son. And I admit I got a little teary, I miss that boy. You know in your head that your children will only be the age they are once, but you don't really know what that means. I love my oldest boy as he is now, but I miss who he was too. Already I have memories of him that he doesn't remember. I keep thinking that I need to journal down more and capture a little more of who he is before he grows up so much that there isn't any little boy left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

We'd love to hear from you. Email us with your feedback, suggestions and general blog love at clevermamas@gmail.com