Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Leader Mothers

I don't usually use this blog to promote programs.  This is one that really speaks to me and I see as incredibly valuable.  At the core of Clever Mamas is being a mom.  Today I received a letter in the mail from a charity I support.  Their overall mission is to assist communities in poverty, training locals to become self-sufficient.  The program/project that I read about today is called Leader Mothers.  FH (Food for the Hungry) is training Leader Mothers "to teach, serve and promote health and wellness to others in their communities, especially to pregnant women and mothers with children under the age of two...The Leader Mothers each train at least 10 women who agree to train 10 more until the knowledge has rippled out across the entire community."
Here in Canada we take for granted the ability to have a healthy pregnancy with medical care, to have a clean birth with a doctor or midwife present.  That isn't always the case.  We know how something as simple as handwashing can prevent infection or illness from spreading. 
If helping a Mom in another part of the world have a better chance at life for her and her family speaks to you as it does me then I ask you to consider sponsoring a Leader Mother.  For more information visit FH's website at http://www.fhcanada.org/Mighty-Moms?.  Imagine the impact just one person can have in her community.

*This response and post is entirely of my own initiative.  I do not work for or represent FH, it's just an organization that I support because they do good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

We'd love to hear from you. Email us with your feedback, suggestions and general blog love at clevermamas@gmail.com